Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Is In The Air

I just looked up and realized, whoops!, I haven't blogged in about two months.

Uh...sorry.

But, you remember that idea I said I was going to do no matter what? Well, I've been working on it. And, happily, my agent is now all for it. So, I've had a great reason to not be blogging.

And, okay, truth time. I, sort of, kind of, rather completely, lost track of time.

I wish I could say it's because of the novel. And in some ways, it is. I'm enjoying it, loving the characters, having fun with the twists and turns. It's a good mystery, filled with suspense and humor (at least, I think so, and at this stage, my opinion is the only one that counts). The research hasn't been too onerous, and, for the most part, the book is flowing.

But the weather's been beautiful and I've been cleaning the house (I know -- but why?) and taking walks with the dogs and, all in all, enjoying Spring. I can't even use this stuff as an excuse -- as in, "Well, it's for my novel." Because it isn't. The novel's set in January, no one's cleaning anything, at least, not on the pages, and no dogs are in evidence. At least, not yet. The book's still young. A dog could make an appearance. And even bark in the night. Or not.

Oh, come on. You had to figure that, somehow, some way, I'd sneak in a Sherlock Holmes/A. Conan Doyle reference, didn't you? And I'm sure that, somewhere along the way, Sir Conan took a breather from the Victorian version of blogging. I'm sure he did! And if he didn't, well, he probably wanted to.

Tell you what -- I'll try to remember to blog more frequently and you don't shatter my illusions. Fair trade?

Cheryl Walker

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time. Glad the agent likes it, even if you have been being bad. Since you are in this cleaning groove, want to come over to my place?

MaryL

May 1, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home