Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Butler Made Me Do It

Well, really, it was my agent. Yes, you're right, it's the ever-challenging 'introduction post' of a new blog. What to say to entice blog readers to come on back?

(Look! Is that blood over there?)

I write mysteries and suspense, with thrills tossed in for good measure.

(Did you hear a shot in the dark?)

My agent is shopping my first series around -- and I've gotten some really complimentary rejections. You have to find that silver lining where you can, right?

(What about the mysterious behavior of the dog in the night?)

I'm hard at work on the first book of my next series. I may try my hand at short mysteries, but haven't felt the desperate need to do so just yet. I have another series begging for attention after I finish my current work in progress, and I find writing novels easier than writing shorts.

(Is that a bloody handprint under the throw rug?)

I like all kinds of mysteries, from what I consider the original master -- A. Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes -- through to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, and all points in between and beyond. Short and long, as long as there's something to solve, I want to read about it.

(Where'd the butler go, anyway? And who's hiding in the shadows with a candlestick?)

Hope to entertain you along my path to a succesful conclusion...and then entice you on to the next sequel.

(Wait...who's there? Is that --)

Cheryl Walker

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous WKEverhart said...

Welcome to the world of blogging and to the world of mystery. I read mystery, but I'm not so clever when it comes to writing it. A new Evanovich is always welcomed to my book shelves. *and about the dogs--dog suspense is always exciting*

Anyway, good luck with the series. Hope the editor who's reading sends you a big thumbs up!

December 13, 2008 at 6:40 AM  
Anonymous . said...

Thanks for the welcome! I hope I'm clever when writing mysteries -- at least my agent likes them. :-D

I have to admit I'm more at home with a mystery than a blog, though. I'm expecting that to change as it goes along, but it's different writing, that's for sure.

I hope the next editor gives a big thumbs up, too. I will, absolutely, keep my blog readers (optimism is my middle name!) posted!

Cheryl

December 13, 2008 at 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Kim said...

I was reviewing the referral sites on my business site today and I found this link. You are such a wonderful person to have linked my site on your blog. Thank you so much. Please tell me if I know you from AW or another site. Thank you again! What a wonderful thing to do.

December 15, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading mysteries for more years than I will admit. Even when I dipped into other genres, I always came back to the whodunnits. Look forward to reading you in print.

MaryL

December 16, 2008 at 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Gini Koch said...

Thanks, Mary! I can't wait until I can tell you all that my books have sold and then point you to a bookstore. Every writer's fondest wish, right?

Cheryl

December 24, 2008 at 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Gini Koch said...

Hi Cassiopeia, and you're most welcome for the link! I love your site and your merchandise -- I confess I'm a customer. Don't tell my husband how much I spend there, okay? :-D

Cheryl

December 24, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home